From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:19:39
1 On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 10:22 +0100, Tom Martin wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > Bug 97447 wants a logrotate USE flag, which is used by about five
5 > packages locally. Unless there are any objections, I'll globalify it
6 > later today.
7
8 If you make the flag global, can you make sure that all of the packages
9 that use this flag exhibit the same behavior when using it. If they all
10 do their own thing, then I would suggest leaving it local.
11
12 Global USE flags are not so much a case of x number of packages use it,
13 but x number of package use it to mean the same thing.
16 Chris Gianelloni
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux