From: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
To: Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new gentoo-sources kernels (r5+)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 02:12:21
1 On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:48:24PM -0700, Burton Samograd wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 05:15:26PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Ive seen that before. I also had alot of GrSecurity log messages mixed in with
5 > > those error message, which gave a good clue about the cause of the problem.
6 > > Did you not have that?
7 >
8 > Nothing that pointed directly to GrSecurity no. I was just getting
9 > errors about not being able to create symbolic links and not being
10 > able to mount devfs or /mnt/.init.d.
11 >
12 > I did manage to get a kernel to boot now using a lower GrSecurity
13 > level, but now it complains that I don't have devfs compiled into the
14 > kernel (which i know i do, as well as tmpfs and everything else that's
15 > required). Maybe one should just leave GrSecurity off completely?
16 >
17 > burton
18
19 Under 1.2 I have enabled all specified in the Gentoo Security Guide.
20
21 Works great.
24 Evan Read
25 http://eread.freeshell.org
26
27 "The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you
28 do."
29 The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis