From: Zack Gilburd <zack@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to handle conflicts?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:55:29
1 On Monday 16 June 2003 04:06, Michael Boman wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > What is the best way to handle conflicts of packages? Ie: I have a
5 > stable (release) version of software A, and I also have a bleeding edge
6 > version of the same software (that tracks the same current stable
7 > version). What I want to do is that if they install the CVS version (or
8 > the release version) they can't install the other version without
9 > un-installing the other one. I'd like to do this to make sure that they
10 > are linked against the correct version of the libraries.
11 >
12 > Best regards
13 > Michael Boman
14
15 In the depend section of the ebuild, add a negated entry. Example:
16
17 !foo-bar/SoftwareA-CVS
18
19 Regards