From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] catalyst-1.0.5 released
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:52:22
Hi all -
I just added catalyst-1.0.5 into the tree ~arch masked for all release
architectures. Please test and unmask as necessary. I don't see forsee
many problems, but of course, if some arise please contact me ASAP and I
will address them.

Ok, there are some changes that you all need to be aware of. First,
ccache is no longer hard-coded to "on". If you want to use ccache, you
have to add it to "options" in /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf.

The spec file variable "rel_version" has been deprecated in favor of the
"profile" variable; please remove "rel_version" from your specs. To
support stackable profiles, I introduced the profile specfile variable.
Simply stated, it is just the name of the profile that you wish to use:

e.g.
profile: default-x86-2004.0 #for non-stackable profiles
profile: default-linux/x86/2004.0 #for stackable profiles

Speaking of stackable profiles, catalyst will automagically decide which
bootstrap to use based on your profile assignment. Please note that
Portage is broken with stackable profiles, portage 2.0.50-r3 is supposed
to fix that brokenness.

In addition to those major changes, many bugs have been addressed.
Please consult the ChangeLog. I don't think that I missed anything, but
if I did, I will re-mail ;)

I will update the online documentation when I get the chance.

Cheers,
//zhen
--
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

----
GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338  FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47