From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild laziness and binpkg overhead
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:06:21
Le vendredi 15 juin 2012 à 21:04 +0200, Pacho Ramos a écrit :
> El vie, 15-06-2012 a las 09:03 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió: > > El mar, 12-06-2012 a las 23:02 -0400, Mike Frysinger escribió: > > > i've noticed a growing trend where people put setup of variables into > > > pkg_setup that only matter to src_* funcs presumably so they don't have to > > > call the respective src_* func from an inherited eclass. unfortunately this > > > adds pointless overhead to binpkgs. can we please move away from this > > > practice ? > > > > > > i've seen this with a good number of the GNOME packages like:
[...] This is most likely historic and reading the eclasses, I see no use of G2CONF that would forbid working from src_configure. I guess the pratice emerged from not wanting to write gnome2_src_configure all the time but if there is a reason (like the one you exposed) to do it this way, then it'll become our new standard pratice :) -- Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> Gentoo