From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 Draft: USE Flag Grouping
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:32:53
1 Ok, following a recent thread on gentoo-user [1] and some random
2 discussions with jstubbs in #gentoo-dev, I've finally gotten around to
3 writing up the USE groups proposal that's been flying the ether around
4 for a while.
5
6 This is a *very* early draft, and everything is subject to change. In
7 particular, Stuart has some interesting ideas for 'per-package' USE
8 groups. Right now I can't see a sane way to implement this, but he is
9 welcome to try to convince me otherwise :)
10
11 You can read the nice pretty HTML version at [2].
12
13 Feedback encouraged.
14
15 [1]: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109285655600002&r=2&w=2
16 [2]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0029.html
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm