From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New local use flag for arts: artswrappersuid
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:48:48
> > > I'm adding a new local use flag for kde-base/arts: artswrappersuid. It > > > sets artswrapper suid root, which allows artsd (kde's sound server) to > > > run with realtime priority and avoid skips and clicks, but it's a > > > security hazard, so it's off by default.
If we're going to go the USE flag route, how about a generic "suid" flag, then, instead of a local USE flag. I know this issue either can or does occur for more than one package. -- Grant Goodyear The Secrets of Physics: Dept. of Chemistry 1. Add zero. Clemson University 2. Multiply by one. Clemson, SC 29617 3. Expand in a Taylor series (864) 656-7702 4. Integrate by parts. e-mail: grant@×××××××××××××.org 5. Fourier transform. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list