From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:14:23
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 10:30:14AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
> Dear Gentooers, >
> Is there a place in gentoo documentation where there is a complete list
of current USE flags and short descriptions what they mean? I am just a user, and I think the fantastic idea of a custumized linux system will only work if users can fully understand which USE flags are available what they mean, etc. Agreed. We should be able to start maintaining such a list.
> I am just getting used to portage (even though I used binary distros for > years) and sometimes I do not know what the advantages and consequences > of a particular USE flag to be set...
Now this is very difficult to specify succinctly enough. However, the general gist of the consequences might very well be easy to specify. Regards, Karl T