From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Closing bugs on masked packages
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 00:16:05
1 On P, 2007-07-01 at 12:22 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > just a friendly request: If you do happen to mask a package for
5 > removal, please do not close any bugs against the package on the basis
6 > that it's being removed. There have been several cases where bugs get
7 > closed WONTFIX or INVALID, the removal is reversed for whatever reason,
8 > and the bugs fall through the cracks. Once the package is actually
9 > deleted, the person removing it should go through bugzie and close any
10 > open bugs.
11
12 I've been operating on the premise that I am the maintainer of the
13 package in question and marking it as WONTFIX and making it depend on
14 the removal bug while at it. I don't see what's wrong in that..
15 If the removal gets reverted, all the depending bugs should be seen and
16 acted upon. Why should we keep bugs open in our maintainer bugs list if
17 we are 99% sure the package will get removed? We aren't treecleaners
18 project, but the maintainers of the packages whose bug we are marking
19 WONTFIX with the almost certain assumption the package will get removed
20 soon...
24 With Regards,
25 Mart Raudsepp
26 Gentoo Developer