From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword request interface (SoC candidate?)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:17:22
1 Peter Volkov a écrit :
2 > В Чтв, 28/02/2008 в 21:49 -0500, Richard Freeman пишет:
3 >> Santiago M. Mola wrote:
4 >>> What do you think about? Would it be easy to integrate it with
5 >>> packages.g.o or should it belong somewhere else? Do you think this is
6 >>> a suitable project for SoC?
7 >> I like the idea, although it is a bit redundant with bugzilla.
8 >
9 > Exactly. It's not convenient when we have stabilization requests in one
10 > place and problems with packages to be stabilized (or even stable on
11 > some archs) reported in another...
12 >
13 > Stealing ideas from the recent discussion of KISS in -security ml[1]:
14 > May be it's better to have such keyword application as an interface to
15 > bugzilla. This separate web/cli/gui program will add/update/search bugs
16 > in bugzilla and e.g. Status Whiteboard field could be used to track
17 > status of the bugs... Also such implementation would move forward KISS
18 > project too.
19
20 +1 on that idea, using bugzilla with an external tool for keyword
21 requests is a good idea.
22
23 The tool could do bugzilla research to see if the keyword has already
24 been requested and point the user to the corresponding bug report,
25 hopefully limiting the number of dupes.
26
27 Cheers,
28
29 Rémi