From: "Matthew J. Turk" <satai@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] SGML, Docbook eclass *just* committed
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 04:43:22
1 Hi there. I'm in charge of the SGML problems with Gentoo, and what I've
2 done is create a new eclass that'll (hopefully) make installation,
3 removal, and upgrading much more integrated and seamless -- thus
4 eliminating problems.
5
6 In the next few days I will have a hints file up at
7 http://www.gentoo.org/~satai/ that'll have some ideas if you still get
8 into problems. In conjunction with this, all outstanding bugs will be
9 closed and reopened on an as-needed basis.
10
11 Basically, after your next rsync, you'll see tons of updates to packages
12 that're related to Docbook, SGML, and XSL. If emerge -u world doesn't
13 work, I'm going to have a step-by-step explanation of what is probably
14 going wrong up on the webpage ASAP.
15
16 If, in the meantime, you have problems that absolutely must be solved,
17 please let me know.
18
19 Estimated time of completion on the hints page is tomorrow. Happy New
20 Year! :)
21
22 mjt
23 --