From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:45:15
1 On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:37:01 +0100
2 Thomas Pani <thomas.pani@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > As cat/pkg-ver ultimately is ONE file in the filesystem, there's no
4 > reason to put any information about the EAPI in the filename.
5
6 Sure there is. It's the sanest place to put it such that it's available
7 when it's needed -- that is, before the ebuild is sourced.
8
9 > I still don't get why EAPI=xxx is soooo bad. Obviously the GLEP (and
10 > the last 500 comments lack to explain that. Ebuilds are bash.
11 > EAPI=xxx is bash syntax.
12
13 Uh, I've explained it far too many times in this thread already. Go
14 back and read. Don't post again until you understand it.
17 Ciaran McCreesh