From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Depedencies of kde ebuilds?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:49:23
1 On Tuesday 29 April 2003 20:26, Sergey Kuleshov wrote:
2 > Hullo,
3 > I was wondering recently about the way the dependencies of kde
4 > packages are made. For example I want to emerge kdeaddons, as the
5 > dependencies it requires me to install kdemultimedia and kdegames.
6 > However, strictly speaking kdeaddons does not require aby of these
7 > packages and I don't see the point why I should actually need them?
8 > IMHO (kdegames - well they are not that good ;) kdemultimedia - xmms+xine -
9 > rules!)
10
11 kdeaddons contains addons for apps from kdemultimedia and kdegames among
12 others; the headers of those packages are iirc necessary to compile these
13 addons.
16 > So, what I am suggesting is why not add a local USE flag, something like
17 > no_kde_mult ans no_kde_games, so that users could emerge addons without
18 > having to compile the above named packages?
19
20 I'm not sure whether our policy says that a local use flag should be
21 introduced wherever possible. Not that I have anything much against this
22 specific instance, but there are many other places where similar requests
23 could be made, which would be a bother. Any other dev, or kde user, care to
24 comment?
25
26 BTW, you could try e.g. KDE_REMOVE_DIR="noatun-plugins atlantikdesigner"
27 emerge kdeaddons-3.1.1-r1.ebuild. This is a hack though and may even stop
28 working one day, so I only mention it as a curiosity :-)
31 Dan Armak
32 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
33 Matan, Israel
34 Public GPG key: http://cvs.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key