From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Re-shuffle variables in ebuild.skel
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:42:23
1 This is a simple face lift proposal, but I'd like to run this by the
2 -dev list before I commit it. I'd like to re-organize the environment
3 variables in the skel.ebuild file in this order:
4
5 DESCRIPTION
6 HOMEPAGE
7 LICENSE
8
9 DEPEND
10 RDEPEND
11
12 SRC_URI
13 S
14
15 The idea is that in most cases when I open up a ebuild, the first
16 thing I want to see is the package's description, but usually I get S
17 instead. Then I want to know what this package depends on. Most of
18 the times I don't give a rat's tail about the S variable. ;^)
19
20 What do you think?
21 --
22 Arcady Genkin
23 Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel