From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa support removed from current KDE
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:21:01
1 Maybe because ALSA has a superior API, support for more soundcards, uses less
2 resources, is going to be the default soundsystem in Linux 2.6?
3 ALSA itself is not buggy, it's some of the apps' ALSA-"support" that is
4 buggy...
5
6 Try to access the emu10k1 sequencer with the standard OSS-modules..
7 Total kernel freeze! :P At least with the lowlatency and preemptive patches
8 installed.. (I haven't tested without them)
9
10 // Wigren
11