From: Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Asterisk 1.4 in Portage
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:41:00
1 * Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o> [2007-12-26 19:19]:
2 > Howdy all,
3
4 Hey Doug!
5
6 > As some people might have noticed, I've wanted to bring Asterisk 1.4 to
7 > the tree proper.
8
9 ++ on that from me :)
10
11 > The big holdup is the zaptel ebuild, which needs to be
12 > revamped and brought in as well for the 1.4.x series. I've already
13 > rewritten most of it, the only issue is I don't have hardware to test
14 > (nor do I want any). So I'd like if someone out there that used/had
15 > zaptel hardware would pick up the ebuild.
16
17 I do have an asterisk server with 2 HFC (CologneChip) cards, using 1 of
18 them in NT mode (for connecting an ISDN phone to it) and one of them in
19 TE mode (for connecting it to the ISDN of the telco).
20 I used those with the zaphfc driver from the bristuff package.
21 So, I could test your asterisk+zaptel ebuilds with this setup.
22
23 > If you're interested, drop me a line. I'll send you over a 1.4.x ebuild.
24
25 What's the status of
26 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/voip/browser/trunk/net-misc/asterisk/\
27 asterisk-1.4.12.1.ebuild,
28 does it differ much from the latest one you'd like to commit?
29
30 What versions of zaptel, bristuff and the florz patch are you going to
31 commit anyway?
32
33 Thanks :)
34 --