From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How default route should be set by pppd
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:39:19
Roy Marples wrote:
> So how does that look in the routing table? >
"default dev ppp0 scope link" instead "default via a.b.c.d dev ppp0".
> If say a DHCP client renewed it's lease and it set a new default route, would > this have any effect? >
I guess a DHCP client would override the default route set through "defaultroute" pppd option (or not, depends on the client).
> If it's p.masked then none :) >
Why p.mask when the way I wanna set defaut route is as in stable version of net-dialup/ppp? Of course, 2.4.4-r2 will still be marked as testing for all arches.