From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:06:23
1 On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > There's no reason we /can't/ have a comparable process for CVS to
3 > eliminate needless slopping of files around in pastebins/emails, both
4 > of which are time consuming and not designed for doing exactly that.
5 >...
6 >(lots of descriptions of fancy tools to make cvs more bearable)
7
8 If people are looking to improve Gentoo's tools it would be far more
9 productive for them to help out with the git migration. Can I stop
10 somebody from making gerrit-for-cvs? No. I won't even try - Gentoo
11 is about choice. However, the fact is that git is the future, and
12 we're probably one of the only serious FOSS projects around still
13 using cvs (largely because it doesn't hamper us as much as it hampers
14 everybody else).
15
16 We're really not that far from having a working git implementation.
17
18 Rich