From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Passing the buck
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:25:56
1 On Thursday 09 February 2006 15:00, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 03:04:08PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > Time again for one of those mails; this time from me. Due to time constraints,
6 > > real life and coming close to burning out I'm stepping down as release
7 > > coordinator. Brian has graciously accepted shouldering the burden until he
8 > > starts to burn out or some insane bugger comes along and wrestles him for a
9 > > slice of the action.
10 >
11 > And I suck, because I'm going to pass the buck now.
12 >
13 > The .5x release, and 2.1.pre5 realease I'll handle; if 2.1 proves
14 > stable, and doesn't take forever I'll see it through, but I'm taking
15 > at least a hiatus from gentoo.
16
17 I'll pull it back if you like, but it means I'll pretty much not have time
18 for anything else. While I've been fed up with the bullshit myself in the
19 past, the feeling is somewhat subdued at the moment so I can get right back
20 into it if you like. Not that I stopped reading through the commits anyway;
21 habits are hard to break. ;)
22
23 I'll have a little more time than I estimated for the time being anyway.
24 Dell wants us to pay $35K for the hardware and then $50K+ on top of that
25 for them to configure and install the redhat on it all. :/
26 (== SAN has been postponed)
27
28 Long term, same deal though. Perhaps it would be a good idea to get those
29 interested in it together and can try to get some documentation together.
30 That should at least make the executor less important...
33 Jason Stubbs
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list