From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] RESTRICT clean up
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:52:43
1 On Sunday 01 of July 2007 15:27:21 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > Where is the (proposed) list of allowed values? What is the point of
3 > restricting to that list?
4
5 man 5 ebuild. The point is that this variable is used by the package manager
6 and adding third part values supported only by specific eclasses can mislead
7 people into thinking that such third party value is supported by the package
8 manager while it's not. Moreover the one example we
9 have - "multilib-pkg-force" - doesn't really fit into RESTRICT, I still can't
10 figure out what foo-force in RESTRICT was supposed to mean.
13 Best Regards,
14 Piotr Jaroszyński
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list