From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 03:55:49
1 On 5/26/13 4:58 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > The way it's being proposed (and please correct me if i'm wrong), the
3 > wrapper is a direct replacement binary (small C program) for all init
4 > systems, and would based on some configuration file or whatnot
5 > determine and exec the init system it's supposed to -- and make any
6 > other necessary changes too, such as switching /etc/inittab)
7
8 The really minimal wrapper would be something like
9
10 #!/bin/sh
11
12 INIT=/bin/init
13
14 if [[ -e /etc/switch-init ]]; then
15 . /etc/switch-init
16 fi
17
18 exec ${INIT}
19
20 With switch-init doing stuff needed, including remounting the rootfs rw
21 if there are stuff to be changed and if we want stick to symlinks it
22 could replace itself by a symlink.
23
24 Yes, it would be that simple.
25