From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] MPlayer pic patch testing requested
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:57:25
1 The pic patch was more fun than I wanted it to be.. so I cleaned it up a
2 3rd time. Now.. to prevent another slew of bug reports, I'm going safe
3 this time. I'm looking for people mainly on x86 architecture with both
4 intel and amd processors (ia-32 and amd/amd64). Please replace the
5 mplayer-1.0_pre6-pic.patch with the one here:
6
7 http://dev.gentoo.org/~chriswhite/mplayer-1.0_pre6-pic.patch
8
9 and also unmask mplayer-1.0_pre6-r2. This can be done by:
10
11 `echo "media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre6-r2" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask`
12
13 should it not work and you want to revert your versions, simply remove
14 the appropriate line from /etc/portage/package.unmask and re-emerge to
15 use -r1. Please let me know if you encounter anything strange in
16 ac3/a52 decoding or anything else. You are not obligated to do this
17 test, but such testing would be much appreciated. Thank you for your
18 time and using Gentoo.
21 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
23 Sound | Video | PPC
24 ChrisWhite @ irc.freenode.net