From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:53:43
1 On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:27 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > - people complain that a week-long timeout is too short, while after I
4 > CC arches the answer often comes within minutes.
5
6 So, I agree with pretty-much everything you said, and I completely
7 agree that stable-by-default, object-if-you-care is the right move.
8 That said, there is probably room for debate over the length of time
9 we leave the bug open. Maybe a week isn't quite long enough - maybe
10 two weeks is better.
11
12 Then again, if I as a maintainer had reservations I'd be very likely
13 to at least post a comment within a week even if I couldn't actually
14 resolve the issue decisively in that time.
15
16 Rich