From: Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@××××.hu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Strange errors on XFS with xfs-sources-2.4.22
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:43:24
1 Hello!
2
3 I was experiencing strange "File exists" errors when running
4 the Gentoo xfs-sources-2.4.22 kernel.
5
6 To summarize it: when running an emerge sync, or some kernel
7 make target, there have been directories which existed while they
8 should not have been at a given point in those scripts/makefiles,
9 and this caused errors/abortions, and mysterious slowdowns.
10 The errors were reproducible.
11
12 I went back to xfs-sources-2.4.20-r3 and tried other kernels too,
13 and they did not exhibit this problem. I started a discussion about
14 that on the linux-xfs mailing list at SGI, so for additional details
15 please read on in the linux-xfs@×××××××.com mailing list archives
16 from 11.03. to 11.04.
17
18 Regards,