From: Maciek Borowka <Maciej.BOROWKA@××××××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can't download ix86.iso
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 01:47:43
1 Use wget (should be included in your SuSE by default). It works in
2 almost every situation.
3
4 Just open a console window and type:
5 wget http://www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/releases/build/gentoo-ix86-1.0.iso
6
7 If it doesn't work, paste the output of wget here.
8
9 /Maciek
10
11 Tommy McDaniel wrote:
12
13 > I've been trying to download Gentoo since back during
14 > the last revision, but no matter what I try it doesn't
15 > download here at home. I use Mozilla 0.9.9 and
16 > Netscape 6.2.2, but when I click on the link it
17 > basically sits there forever and never downloads
18 > anything. I've tried the mirrors, and I get the same
19 > behavior on every single one of them. I tried using a
20 > couple of different FTP clients today with one of the
21 > mirrors, but I still couldn't download the file. I
22 > think I've even tried using curl. When I tell the
23 > browser to save the file, the most I ever get is 1K,
24 > and usually not even that. I've left it there for
25 > hours to see if it eventually got going, but nope,
26 > nothing. When I try at school on the Winblows
27 > computers there using the same browsers it works just
28 > fine, but here at home with SuSE Linux 7.2
29 > Professional it doesn't work at all. I really, really
30 > want to try Gentoo, but if I can't download the ISO I
31 > don't think I will. Some other links on the page work,
32 > like the stage1 tarball, but I don't want that, I want
33 > the ix86.iso file. Are the server and all mirrors set
34 > to deny me or something? Well, I'm gonna keep trying,
35 > but unless I can get the ix86.iso file to download
36 > here from home I don't think I'll be trying Gentoo.
37 > Even if there's some workaround, I don't want a
38 > workaround, I just want to be able to download the
39 > file in peace and be done with it. Thanks for your
40 > help.
41 >
42 > Tommy McDaniel
43 >
45 > Do You Yahoo!?
46 > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
47 > http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/
49 > gentoo-dev mailing list
50 > gentoo-dev@g.o