From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:36:27
1 On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:29:09 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > I thought last Zac suggestion of ABI_SLOT modified to use
4 > "SLOT=ble/bla" was clear enough and we reached a consensus.
5
6 Possibly. I'm waiting to see an implementation, a bunch of examples and
7 a comparison with just using SLOT and := or :*.
8
9 > About what I am trying to solve, I have explained it multiple times in
10 > involved thread and won't repeat them once again.
11
12 Describing the problem clearly and correctly, and in the appropriate
13 amount of generality, is the hardest and most important part of the
14 process. Figuring out what we're trying to solve is far harder than
15 writing a bit of code.
18 Ciaran McCreesh