From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] global useflags
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:24:19
1 Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Seems that this arose from media-libs/libdvdcss... Can we rename this to
4 > dvdcss to make it clear that this have something to do with dvds and not
5 > with web technologies?
6
7 I'd actually agree on this, while css is currently just used for Content
8 Scramble System, I don't think we're going to have that mainstream
9 anytime soon. This CSS is tied to the DVD technology that people are
10 trying to replace (also because of the CSS debacle); the Cascading Style
11 Sheet is, well, not going to disappear anytime soon, in my opinion.
12
13 While changing an USE flag on the run is not a nice thing for users, I
14 think that disambiguating this is a good idea. _While_ users are
15 supposed to look up USE flags, it's no use to call, for instance, "tar"
16 the support for Tape Audio Recording, just because there was no "tar"
17 USE flag before ;)
18
19 So +1 from me for css -> dvdcss renaming.
22 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
23 http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
26 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list