From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] luajit global useflag
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 05:36:33
1 % quse -D luajit
2 local:luajit:app-editors/gvim: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
3 local:luajit:app-editors/vim: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
4 local:luajit:app-editors/vim-qt: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
5 local:luajit:games-action/minetest: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
6 local:luajit:games-engines/solarus: Use LuaJIT instead of default Lua.
7 local:luajit:games-roguelike/stone-soup: Use dev-lang/luajit as
8 scripting backend instead of dev-lang/lua.
9 local:luajit:media-sound/csound: Use the lua just-in-time compiler
10 dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
11 local:luajit:media-video/mpv: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua
12 local:luajit:www-client/luakit: Use the lua just-in-time compiler
13 dev-lang/luajit instead of dev-lang/lua, which should make luakit
14 faster.
15 local:luajit:www-servers/nginx: Use dev-lang/luajit instead of
16 dev-lang/lua for lua support when building the lua http module.
17
18 I propose we make luajit a global useflag, using the description from
19 media-sound/csound:
20
21 Use the lua just-in-time compiler <pkg>dev-lang/luajit</pkg> instead
22 of <pkg>dev-lang/lua</pkg>
25 Cheers,
26
27 Ben | yngwin