From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About writing ebuild files
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:09:15
1 > > How should the delivered /etc/services looks like, if I have to create some
2 > > new entries in it? Should it only contain the new entries or perhaps some
3 > > standard entries plus the new ones?
4 > I think you should include complete file and install it in the proper place.
5 > As long as it is installed in CONFIG_PROTECTed dir it does not overwrite
6 > installed version but rather gets a specially mangled name.
7 I don't think packages other then baselayout should mess with
8 /etc/services. In general, two packages can "own" same file, if they
9 provide similar functionality, i.e. they are virtual [I know it's not
10 always true right now, but this should be].
11 In this case, IMO, the proper way to do it is to add the new entry to
12 the /etc/services from baselayout [this new entry should be there
13 anyway, no matter if cyrus is installed], and add DEPEND to the new
14 baselayout version in the cyrus-imapd.ebuild.
15
16 Vitaly/