From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:58:21
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > So, here's a description of the whole algorithm that I'd use:
3 > [snip]
4
5 I think the following is equivalent, but simpler and more general since
6 it doesn't have to mention details like ** and friends that aren't
7 currently in PMS, and doesn't assume that the rule for handling KEYWORDS
8 is simply "does it contain at least one of the accepted values? (plus
9 handling of ** etc)". (For example, I can imagine something like
10 "accept the package if it has amd64, or if it has both ~amd64 and x86"
11 being potentially useful for some people, although I don't think it's
12 implemented anywhere at the moment.)
13
14 1) Pretend that all stable keywords in the package's KEYWORDS are
15 replaced with the corresponding ~arch ones
16 2) If this would result in the package being masked by keywords (I
17 forget the exact terminology Portage uses, but I'm sure you know what I
18 mean), then apply the masks/forces from package.use.stable.*