From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Switchup-mode and boottime selector? Was: eselect init
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 06:36:23
1 Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > For the same reason we have all the other eselect modules. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/eselect/
3 Ironically, that project description even mentions init system... :)
4
5 As someone else pointed out, not the same thing. Quoting:
6
7 William Hubbs wrote:
8
9 > Yes, but the init system module that project refers to is already there.
10 > Check out eselect rc. It has nothing to do with switching init systems.
11 > It appears to be a wrapper around rc-update and a couple of other things
12 > to manage init scripts and runlevels.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 >
16 > William
19 In case you missed the post, thought I would provide it to clear up the
20 matter.
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
28 how you interpreted my words!