From: Mark Gordon <spamtrap@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Misc questions on ebuilds
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:00:48
1 On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:56:29 -0500, Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 >Have you used the "lintool" script that comes with gentoolkit? It is a
5 >nice tool which checks for most common ebuilding mistakes...
6
7 Some questions about that. Looking at skel.ebuild I thought that
8 RDEPEND did not need to be defined since it would default to DEPEND,
9 yet lintool considers not defining it an error.
10
11 Is it considered better to allow things to default when the documented
12 defaults are correct or to explicitly define everything, in which case
13 I would have thought the skel.ebuild should tell you the normal values
14 but not say they are defaults for when items are not specified.
15
16 I've already submitted one ebuild and hope to submit more, so I want
17 to get them as 'correct' as possible.
18 --
19 Mark Gordon