From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2]
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 07:00:32
1 Piotr Jaroszy?ski wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I have updated the GLEP, hopefully it is less confusing now and hence the
6 > discussion will be more technical.
7 >
8 Based on your summary of the suggestions on the list, I believe you
9 misunderstood what many of us were arguing for.
10
11 * Set the EAPI inside the ebuild in a way that makes it easy to fetch it
12 This is ok as atm only EAPI=1 is in the tree, so there is no backward
13 compatibility issue.
14 AND
15 * Have a new ebuild/eclass extension ".eapi-$EAPI"
16 This is for ebuilds for other package managers; it is envisaged by some
17 that this will become the new ebuild format since it enables quick access
18 to the EAPI without accessing the file contents. Full ebuild names are the
19 primary key for the portage database.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list