From: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-im/pidgin protocols
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:02:05
1 On Thu, 2007-19-07 at 15:22 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 16:02 -0600, Jim Ramsay wrote:
3 > > I'm all for doing it now in the profile, but it's not my package.
4 > > Perhaps someone from the net-im herd can make this decision?
5 >
6 > Well, as someone who spends a lot of time working on/with profiles, I
7 > say go for it. Since these changes would only affect the one package
8 > and wouldn't pull in any "strange" dependencies on people, we should
9 > probably do it as high in the profile structure as possible (base?
10 > default-linux?) so it hits the most users.
11 >
12 > I'd like to hear from net-im, as they're ultimately responsible, but I
13 > don't really see the harm in doing it, so we probably should as it will
14 > reduce headaches for our users.
15
16 Talking with my net-im hat, I'd say go for it.. Except for silc and
17 zephyr (which may or may not work very well) and should probably stay
18 off.
21 Olivier Crête
22 tester@g.o
23 Gentoo Developer