From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, PR team <pr@g.o>, Docs Team <docs-team@g.o>, Gentoo Release Engineering <releng@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 01:34:56
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > I propose to commit this news item in 2 or 3 days. Does anyone have
5 > any comments about it?
6
7 What action if any do you want Gentoo users to take. If I read that
8 news item the first question I'd have is where SHOULD I keep those
9 files? Should I leave them alone? Should I move them? Will anything
10 bad happen either way?
11
12 If the answer is that we're changing the defaults but plan to support
13 the old way for a very long time, then spell that out. Otherwise
14 you'll get a million people asking about it.
15
16 Rich