From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:01:28
1 Am Montag, den 09.03.2009, 10:12 +0100 schrieb Michael Haubenwallner:
2 > On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 21:22 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >
4 > > I think the idea of ebuilds as scripts showing directly how to build
5 > > software is a core part of the Gentoo build-system philosophy. This
6 > > proposal pushes ebuilds toward a formatted file that is not a script.
7 > > Instead, it is more like an Ant XML file that more abstractly describes
8 > > a build. I think this is the wrong direction for ebuilds because they
9 > > should directly resemble how software is built by hand.
10 >
11 > Fully agreed here, "keep it simple software".
12 > Even if there are slightly more bits to write in the ebuilds.
13
14 dito, fully agreed.
15
16 Tobias