From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnus 5.10.2?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 04:02:23
1 bkhl@×××××××××××××.se (Björn Lindström) writes:
2
3 > I'm mostly just wondering if there a Gnus 5.10 ebuild in the works.
4 >
5 > I was thinking of putting an ebuild together, but I don't really get the
6 > emacs/xemacs portage policy. Since Gnus can now be built with or without
7 > xemacs-base, maybe there should be an app-emacs/gnus, too.
8
9 Greeting Björn,
10
11 There is app-emacs/ognus. It is currently at version 0.24, which is
12 5.10(??).
13
14 In Gentoo, app-emacs and app-xemacs are distinct (app-emacs for GNU
15 Emacs). This is unlike Debian where I believe the attempt to cross
16 compiler the elisp sources for each emacs flavour (emacs20, emacs21,
17 xemacs...).
18
19 Matt
20 --