From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] I want to steal your tools
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:24:54
1 On 02-02-2008 22:54:48 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > So it seems to me that we have tons of tools out there that people
3 > have writtten and we need to aggregrate and document them.
4
5 Questionable.
6
7 > I don't care necessarily how shitty they are, how old they are, what
8 > language they are in, or even who wrote them. I care that they are
9 > open source or public domain; that they are useful etc...
10
11 Probably not that useful to loads of people, but anyway:
12 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/scripts
13
14 eapify - "smartly" inject EAPI="prefix" and do an automated conversion
15 based on heuristics of the given ebuild to prefix gen 3
16 format, "upgrades" from gen 1 and 2 to 3
17 deapify - the reverse of eapify, but only for gen 3
18 ecleankw - apply an intersection between the ebuild's keywords and those
19 allowed as per the script, drop all keywords back to
20 unstable and convert them to prefix-style keywording
21 ecommit - seems like an obsolete hack, don't use it
22 ecopy - a webcvs-based script to import an ebuild from gentoo-x86
23 into the prefix tree
24 eupdate - a cvs-based script to import and update ebuilds in(to) the
25 prefix tree, it fetches required patches and retrieves deltas
26 over cvs to apply them to the local ebuild copy, as well as
27 updating to new ebuild versions by applying the diff with the
28 previous version as to retain local changes -- a horrible
29 huge beast including an ebuild version comparator to determine
30 version updates
31 portdupe - no idea
32
33 The directory treesync contains the scripts that are responsible for
34 what some people refer to as "commit spam".
35
36 walker - a script that walks over all packages and runs eupdate on
37 them
38 doupdates - helper to approve/commit updates in the correct order
39 approve - script that does the actual user input and repoman commit
43 Fabian Groffen
44 Gentoo on a different level
45 --
46 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list