From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Always specify SLOT we know a package is compatible with (even if only one SLOT exists at the moment ebuild is added)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:25:57
1 On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:08:21 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > On the other hand, if we start always setting the available slots that
4 > we know to work, we can avoid this issue, and this is also completely
5 > future proof becase I don't think we can assume that package B will
6 > always work with the latest available SLOT package A can have in the
7 > future. Then, applying the same policy of we trying to set the
8 > versions in dependencies to the versions we know are compatible, we
9 > should do the same with the slot.
10
11 You know, there's this thing called a :* slot dependency... Originally,
12 the intent was that any dependency which might match more than one slot
13 would explicitly use an operator, and that repoman would enforce it.
16 Ciaran McCreesh