From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] blocking virii-like attachments on gentoo.org email
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:29:11
1 Folks --
2
3 We are looking at potentially blocking any/all attachments sent to
4 developer email addresses with one of the following extensions:
5
6 jse?|exe|com|cmd|shs|hta|bat|scr|pif
7
8 These extensions are most notable for a) not having much, if anything, to
9 do with Linux and b) having a whole lot to do with windows-based viruses.
10
11 The blocking would be more of a convenience to you all -- designed to get
12 rid of those virii from your inboxes. However, I didn't want to implement
13 it without posting it for discussion here first.
14
15 Unless there's significant negative feedback on this idea, we will be
16 implementing it later this week.
17
18 --kurt