From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] enable USE=xattr by default
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:51:19
1 On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Alexander Tsoy <alexander@××××.me> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I was wrong. This patch was not merged upstream. It is still needed and
5 >> included in latest genpatches for 4.2:
6 >>
7 >> $ tar tf genpatches-4.2-6.base.tar.xz | grep XATTR
8 >> ./1500_XATTR_USER_PREFIX.patch
9 >
10 > I suspect what we all have in common then is that we're using tmpfs to
11 > do builds and we're not using genpatches.
12 >
13 > If the warning isn't an issue for non-hardened users then I don't see
14 > any need to change anything. Is the patch (or something similar)
15 > likely to get merged? It doesn't really seem ideal to be dependent on
16 > something not in mainline.
17
18 Indeed. I would suggest we at least disable XT PaX markings in the
19 base profile until this gets merged in the mainline kernel.