From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maintainer-needed@ packages need you!
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:35:27
1 On Saturday, August 30, 2014 01:46:20 PM Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Right now, we have 1262 packages assigned to maintainer-needed@. Only
5 > a few of them have a large number of bugs, many have just version bump
6 > requests. 953 packages have no bug open.
7 >
8 > Please consider adopting some of the packages, or at least fixing some
9 > of the relevant bugs. For package - bug count list, take a look at [1].
10 > Please note that this list is not autogenerated, so it will soon be
11 > outdated, I hope :).
12 >
13 > We should also consider removing some of the packages listed there.
14 >
15 > [1]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/maintainer-needed.txt
16
17 I'm not a developer, which means I can't actively pick up any packages. If
18 helpful, I would be willing to go through older open bugs and see if there is
19 anything I can pick up.
20
21 For net-im/skype, I did check a few things last week as I had issues
22 connecting:
23 bugs: 461668, 462504, 440512, 467252, 493068, 512576 are for version <4.3
24 which can no longer connect (Versions are being blocked by Skype upstream)
25 I think these can be closed.
26 Other bugs:
27 485792 - xscreensaver not showing skype notifications (I don't actually want
28 this myself, so not able to test)
29 519096 - issue with 32bit compilation (I use amd64 exclusively, unable to
30 test)
31 518922 - hard dependency need to be added for pulseaudio (I see some ebuild-
32 code already listed, already got pulseaudio installed seperately)
33 514888 - Seems to be related to an issue with old chat-logs, there are links
34 to skype-upstream in the report. This did not occur on my systems.