From: "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Request for feedback on GNU Patch change
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:03:19
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, C. Bergström wrote:
3 >>>>>>
6 >> Here's another idea and I don't know why I didn't think of it
7 >> sooner.. Instead of any system change to the patch ebuild.. Inside
8 >> the eutils.eclass do a quick check for gpatch and if it exists use
9 >> that vs patch.
12 > Why not simply alias patch=gpatch in profile.bashrc?
13 > See the FreeBSD profile for an example.
14 >
15 I'd like to package portage for OpenSolaris and have it just drop-in
16 work so modifications like what you suggest wouldn't be required.
17 Hopefully, base-system maintainers don't mind my request, but I can
18 understand it's beyond the Linux use case.