From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: neil@××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:39:19
1 On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:06:35 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:27:06 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
5 >
6 > > If all goes well, this will be committed to the tree on 3/14 UTC.
7 >
8 > A major change like this needs more notice than this. The news item
9 > should give some reasonable notice of the change to give people time
10 > to get their initramfs setup working and tested before it is needed
11 > in anger.
12
13 Maybe the ebuild should try to autodetect broken systems and prevent
14 merge then. Better safe than sorry; I guess we could even go with
15 having to set something in make.conf when /usr is on separate partition.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny