From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] baselayout-1.8.6.4
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:42:19
1 I apologize for the top-post, but its getting long. I second the motion for parallelized execution, but would like to go one better: named run-levels!
2 I spoke with seemant about this quite a few times, but it appears our volunteer was too busy:) I think this is worth a glance: www.winterdrache.de/linux/newboot
3
4 This does the parallels and I think that the need(8) function could reduce the stress of writing your own need scripts, which is the impression I got from checking out the current boot situation, and does one better than rgooch's scripts in that it does support the named runlevels also.(The link above actually used on the same page as the one Bart offered, but was removed in the last 6 months or so.)
5 Also I would like to note that while the ebuilds for baselayout are unstable,
6 versions 1.8.6.0-4 are still in package.mask, in case that was unattended.
7 TIA:)
10 On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:33:28 +0100