From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gstreamer + Use Flags
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:56:58
1 On Tuesday 16 August 2005 12:38, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
2 > So my proposal is putting UseFlags for additional GstreamerPlugins in the
3 > Gstreamerpackage and remove it in the packages depending on Gstreamer
4 > (totem for example).
5 While I can't decide anything about this as it's up to GStreamer herd, I'd
6 like to say that this proposal has all my approval.
7 I can tell as sound member (amaroK) and video too (Kaffeine now): adding
8 useflags to packages to add mere "fake dependencies" doesn't seem to be
9 user-oriented at all.
10 As they all depends on gstreamer-plugins, that seems to be the most feasible
11 place where to put the useflags.
12
13 But as I said, I can't do anything about this.
14 --
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
16 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
17 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)