From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item announcing as-needed (glep 42 stuff)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:51:24
1 On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:41:36 -0700
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 7/27/10 7:39 AM, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:29:06 +0200
6 > > Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > Is it time yet? I still find a lot of packages that do not even
9 > > respect LDFLAGS yet - when all these get fixed to respect LDFLAGS,
10 > > we will probably find yet more packages that are problematic with
11 > > --as-needed.
12 >
13 > I think that the arch teams doing the stabilizations are a good safety
14 > net against that. And having --as-needed by default makes those issues
15 > easier to detect.
16
17 Not entirely true, because as I tried to explain, a package needs to
18 first respect our LDFLAGS to respect our --as-needed in the second
19 place. Since the QA trigger in portage is based on --hash-style=gnu,
20 you'd have to make that the default as well to find a package
21 ignoring LDFLAGS...
24 jer