From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:23:43
1 On 06/19/10 19:50, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 >> If #gentoo-infra bangs their moms the rest of the community deserves to
3 >> know.
4 >
5 > Oh? What do you do at night with your girlfriend (or boyfriend or yourself)?
6 > The community deserves to know!
7
8 My point was about the style of communication in there, not about sex.
9
10 I could have said "If #gentoo-infra operates in such tone [..]"
11 alternatively.
14 >>> You have shown to be very attached to this topic, so much so that you've
15 >>> just blown this completely out of proportion. There was no "foul play"
16 >>> intended in that conservation
17 >> I was more or less told to fuck off if I don't like the tone.
18 >> This is where I left the channel.
19 >
20 > If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
21
22 Or make the kitchen a place to be, right.
25 > You might be surprised to hear that I know more women that don't care or would
26 > laugh at such stuff (albeit possibly laughing more about the immature people
27 > stating such nonsense) than those who would be offended.
28
29 According to my female source Lena Simon some women seem to rather laugh
30 about such things with men around and do the opposite in
31 female-to-female discussions. We have so few women in Gentoo that that
32 alone makes me doubt your point.
36 Sebastian