From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for items for September 13 council meeting
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:11:06
1 On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > As we're talking about updating profiles EAPI, what do we need to get
4 > to be able to mask use flags for the stable tree, but not the testing
5 > tree?
6
7 What's wrong with versioned masking of use-flags? The fact that they
8 have to be constantly maintained is actually a good thing since it
9 means that people will keep revisiting the mask with every STABLEREQ,
10 and it won't get outdated and forgotten.
11
12 > Also, should we get back to the discussion of decoupling
13 > keywords from ebuilds and move them to profiles?
16 What's the use-case for this? What is the new proposed format to store
17 the keywords?
20 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
21
22 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team