From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] council manifesto for ferringb
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:58:32
1 On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 07:56:12AM +0200, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:31:07 +0200
3 > "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'd rather have git soon with longer, but acceptable outage, than in
6 > > the future, with a very small outage.
7 >
8 > I'd like some documentation to be finished before the switch is made. I
9 > have no idea how to commit patches using git yet, let alone how to
10 > change my workflow or
11
12 > how sources.g.o is going to display these
13 gitweb or cgit.
14
15 > how packages.g.o is going to be adapted for git use.
16 packages.g.o is completely VCS agnostic. It gets data from rsync on the
17 same update.
18
19 Lists like the above do have value in making sure that all the bases are
20 covered.
23 Robin Hugh Johnson
24 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
25 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
26 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85